paper at the IHR this Wednesday

I'm giving a paper at the 'British History in the Long Eighteenth Century' seminar at the Institute of Historical Research this Wednesday, 5.15pm. The seminar will also be podcast on the IHR site.

I'll be speaking on the main themes of my next book, and the talk is called 'Space, Place, and Popular Politics in Northern England, 1789-1848'.

An extended version of my paper is available on History Working Papers project website in two parts: historical narrative and theory. Please comment on the drafts on the website and start the debate! I'll be amalgamating and summarising both papers on the day, and showing some of my experiments with historical mapping. They won't be as amazing as Locating London's Past, but it's a start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commemoration of the execution of 17 Luddites, York, 19 January 2013

'As I tried to bludgeon Chartist demonstrators in the square'